2012-2013 MPI-Oregon Chapter Scholarships
The scholarships for 2012-2013 offered by the MPI-OC are listed below.
Apply per the following application dates to increase your knowledge and industry expertise by:
- Requesting a reduced rate on your MPI membership!
- Obtaining an industry designation (Certified Meeting Professional)
- Attending the World Education Congress or the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Conclave
- Participating in the Oregon/Washington Cascadia Educational Conference
Applications must be submitted by the deadlines following. The scholarship application (.pdf format) may be downloaded below.
CMP (issued by the Convention Industry Council): The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism. Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
- Identifying a body of knowledge;
- Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification;
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management;
- Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers;
- Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics;
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals.
Testing dates coincides with those of the PCMA Annual Conference and MPI’s World Education Congress. Tests are also administered at multiple locations on the same dates. Visit http://www.mpiweb.org/Education/Certifications/CMP for deadlines and details.
*If this award is not granted in November 2012, there will be an opportunity to apply before the July CMP test dates. See the ORacle or the MPI-OC website for updates.
Cascadia Educational Conference - March 3-5, 2013 in Portland, Oregon: See http://www.mpicascadia.org/ for complete details. Scholarships will be awarded at the January meeting.
MPI World Education Congress - July 20-23, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada: Details and registration are online at: http://www.mpiweb.org/Events/WEC2013/Registration .
CMP CONCLAVE - June 8 - 10, 2013 in Spokane, Washington: As the industry’s only exclusive meeting of Certified Meeting Professionals, the CMP Conclave is a unique event for CMPs who wish to contribute to their profession, network with peers, and work on continued development of the CMP examination, as well as gain valuable continuing-education knowledge.
Questions? Please contact:
Karen Waggoner, CMP, CMM
Phone: 503.327.2218 or email@example.com
Phone: 503.872.1428 or firstname.lastname@example.org