There are many scholarships offered for membership and professional development through MPI Global. We encourage you to learn more by clicking the button below.
There are many scholarships offered for membership and professional development through MPI Global. Click here to find out more!
The scholarships offered by the MPI-Oregon are listed below:
Apply per the following application dates to increase your knowledge and industry expertise by:
- Obtaining an industry designation (Certified Meeting Professional)
- Attending the World Education Congress or the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Conclave
- Participating in the Oregon/Washington Cascadia Educational Conference
Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines. The scholarship application may be downloaded below.
|Scholarship||Dates & Amounts Awarded||Application Deadline|
Award of $500
January 19, 2016
Professional Development – any type of formal meeting professional and/or hotel sales education that relates to the meetings industry
Award of $500
April 15, 2016
|Award of $100||June 1, 2016|
CMP (issued by the Convention Industry Council): The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry’s highest standard of professionalism. Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
- Identifying a body of knowledge;
- Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management
- Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers
- Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals
Testing dates coincides with those of the PCMA Annual Conference and MPI’s World Education Congress. Tests are also administered at multiple locations on the same dates. Visithttp://www.mpiweb.org/Education/Certifications/CMP for deadlines and details.
Cascadia Educational Conference – March 13-15 at Sunriver Resort in Sunriver, Oregon: See http://www.mpicascadia.org/ for complete details. Scholarships will be awarded in January.
MPI World Education Congress – June 11-14 in Atlantic City, New Jersey: Details and registration are online at: http://mpiweb.org/Events/wec-2016/.
CMP Conclave– Dates and location to be announced: As the industry’s only exclusive meeting of Certified Meeting Professionals, the CMP Conclave is a unique event for CMPs who wish to contribute to their profession, network with peers, and work on continued development of the CMP examination, as well as gain valuable continuing-education knowledge. See http://www.conventionindustry.org/CalendarEvents/CMPConclave.aspx for more information.
Questions? Please contact:
Janet Kearney, CMP
Phone: 503-219-6706 or firstname.lastname@example.org